John Montagu, Woolloomooloo ♥♥

Sunday, February 09, 2014


I was expecting this cafe to be named after its owner but discovered that John Montagu invented the sandwich. One would argue it was while he was gambling so he could eat with one hand and play cards with the other... So how was my gamble with John's sandwich?

It was a nice day so I opted to sit outside on the footpath by the window. With not much traffic it was quite pleasant to sit and watch the cars. Relaxed and intimate, the staff were happy and friendly and non intrusive. Inside there is a communal table and window bench so its great if you are by yourself or with others.
House-cured salmon sandwich with truffle coddled egg $17.00
I ordered the house-cured salmon sandwich ($15) with a truffle coddled egg ($2). There were no regrets. It was delivered as an open sandwich which worked great for breakfast. The truffle oil, chunky avocado and beautifully cured salmon worked a treat. Move over smoked salmon, I'll have this version of salmon any day.


My skim cap was nice and didnt take long to come out, it also didnt take long for me to finish it either!

I loved the one page menu as only the best of the best would make the shortlist. There is a little bit of something for every taste and price, I cant wait to try out the petit breakfast board and as for John's sandwiches? Not a bad variation, I was very content.

In a nutshell 
Breakfast

Coffee 
Food ●

Service ●

Price $($)
Atmosphere

Everyday 
Di Gabriel

Delicious, awesome sandwiches
Friendly with lots of smiles
Toastie $5.00
Relaxed, quiet 
John Montagu - 144 Cathedral St, Woolloomooloo
https://www.facebook.com/johnmontagusandwiches

John Montagu on Urbanspoon
BRUNCH♥NJOY instagram
BRUNCH♥NJOY facebook
BRUNCH♥NJOY email

You Might Also Like

0 comments