The Baron, Castle Hill ♥♥

Sunday, July 12, 2015


Have you lost your car in a shopping centre car park? I once thought mine was stolen only to discover I had absentmindedly parked elsewhere (doh!). Now I take photos to remind me and I did exactly that at Castle Towers. Yellow 1A Row 3, tick. The Reject Shop, tick. Now where in the world is The Baron? 


After 20 minutes I found it outside the shopping centre, near the bus stop on Old Castle Hill Rd. Oozing with some serious cool factor, it's filled with conversations mixed with kitchen clatter and some funky beats. Small wooden tables for two line the bare concrete walls opposite the open kitchen and a restored communal table is the centre piece.

Regular $3.50 Large $4.20
The simple all day menu is a play on your breakfast classics proudly supporting their local suppliers. It's creative and the jams, relishes and sauces are all made in house. I do like the way they pour their coffees but if you don't like coffee there's also milkshakes, tea, juices and sodas.

Return of the avo on toast $14
If I had to pick a favourite so far, it would be the return of the avo on toastSimple yet so delicious, there was feta, avocado and confit tomatoes with a salsa verde. My friend who loves her bircher says the muesli is a close favourite with yogurt, jam and peanut butter powder.

PB&J muesli $15
BAE roll $12
This BAE roll is the BAE of all BAEs. When you have a perfectly fried egg with lots of bacon, bread smothered with aioli and tomato relish and a bonus of avocado, that's a winning combo (if I do say so myself).

Baron benny $15
Hate to be the eggs benny nazi but a 63 degree egg just doesn't work on the Baron benny and my bacon needed a bit more time in the pan. Though the sourness of the cucumber pickle, heat from the english mustard and the sweetness from the brioche went well with the delicious hollandaise sauce.

Maxx power 3.0 $16
Deliciously filling, Maxx power 3.0 will have you covered for breakfast and lunch and is satisfyingly healthy. I rolled my soft boiled eggs into the quinoa and savoured each bite with some of the side diced sweet potato, raisins and macadamia nuts.

Sam's affogato with popping candy $6.50
As a treat, there's cakes and slices but I ordered Sam's affogato. Trying to be clever with my food pics, I shocked myself as I posed for an action shot with the coffee pour. True to the word, the candy popped and spat everywhere (and the photo a disaster)!


This modern industrial chic cafe has something good going, so good the guys have opened up another cafe The Tuckshop in Glenhaven. I'm still to check it out but I have managed to drop by The Baron three times in one week catching up with friends - I don't even need to take a photo of my car anymore :)



In a nutshell 
Breakfast

Coffee 
Food ●

Service ●

Price $$
Atmosphere

All day, everyday 
Regular $3.50 Single origin roasters

Modern Australian
Order at table, pay at counter
Toast with condiments $5
A bit noisy, really busy, gets really cold 
The Baron - Shop 461, 4 - 16 Castle St, Castle Hill
http://thebaron.co/
Click to add a blog post for The Baron on Zomato

BRUNCH♥NJOY instagram
BRUNCH♥NJOY facebook
BRUNCH♥NJOY email

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. love the baron, their elvis roll is insanely good! and you defs need to visit tuckshop for their cheeseburgers!

    ReplyDelete